MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 17th JANUARY 2023
AT THE BAND ROOM, DRYBROOK ROAD at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr R Bardo (in the Chair), M Garland, R Moore, M Jones, P Weaver, G Meek and J Print. Also County Councillor T Hale and District Councillor J Fraser and 3 members of the public. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Blake who was away
Cllr Bardo apologised for his recent absence from meetings due to his health issues.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 15 NOVEMBER 2022
It was proposed by Cllr Print, seconded by Cllr Jones and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
There are still concerns over the running of Drybrook surgery despite the letter that was sent to patients before Christmas. There is still a problem getting and appointment and the prescription waiting times have increased. The Clerk will contact Becky Parish with concerns and we will review the situation next month.
The proposed grant towards the Mireystock tunnel project raised by a member of the public at the last meeting was discussed. It was agreed to wait for the letter outlining the costs and needs. There was a proposal from Cllr Moore for a £500 donation; this was seconded by Cllr Print but then deferred to February’s meeting.
- REPORTS, including CHAIR
Cllr Garland asked for the Clerk to investigate online payments to avoid delays with cheques.
It was also agreed to co-opt Pam Caton back on to the parish council following her recent letter.
Cllr Garland suggested meeting in the hall on Harrow Hill and he will look into the cost of this.
Graham Parker has offered to store additional salt for the parish and Cllr Hale confirmed that he will arrange for the refilling of grit bins. He can also authorise the snow ploughs to go out when there is snow. There was discussion over gritting pavements and Cllr Moore asked if the contractors could remove the rubbish under the sign at The Squirrels.
Cllr Print updated councillors on outstanding planning.
Cllr Hale was asked about the light for the car park. He advised that there needs to be permission from the Forest of Dean District Council. He will chase this again. He has also ordered the village sign for Nailbridge. Parking outside the Co-op was again raised as the store manager has concerns.
The clerk had ordered additional grit bins; one had been stolen and had to be replaced.
Cllr Print reported on the successful Christmas light switch on and thanked everyone involved. The same committee will be looking at a celebration for the King’s coronation next year. He has looked into the cost of replacing the electricity infrastructure for the Christmas lights and had been quoted £6172. It was decided to discuss the issue with the contractor to see if they can help or provide a better quote.
Cllr Moore expressed concerns over the flooding problems with the quarry brook which is partially blocked. He will ask Steve Moore for a quote to clear the brook and culvert. He also asked Cllr Hale for the manhole opposite the quarry to be cleared and for Cllr Bardo to remove “Thankyou” from the flashing sign.
It was noted that new batteries are needed for the flashing signs and payment was agreed.
Cllr Fraser also reported on flooding complaints she has been dealing with and that the drainage engineer didn’t think there was a problem with the culvert but it was agreed that drains need clearing and she asked to be informed of further flooding problems. There has also been a problem with cars being hit by people turning in The Squirrels and the resident had asked for a “No turning” sign. Cllrs Hale and Bardo will look into this. Cllr Fraser has also been dealing with a complaint of damage by delivery vans in Morse Road and also a request from a resident for bollards along a narrow lane at Puddlebrook. There has also been flooding at the Mannings Farm estate and the drains there also need clearing. Cllr Weaver asked Cllr Hale if the roads in Newham Bottom could be repaired as in a very poor state. He has also arranged for the path from the Tump to the Cricket Club on Ruardean Hill to be repaired and for the woodland path to be kept clear.
Cllr Hale will look into the road and flooding issues raised and also the parking at the Co-op.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
There were concerns over speeding at Brierley and it was agreed to try and collect data for the police.
The Clerk advised of the co-option process.
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – none
- ii) Disallowed – None
iii) New – dealt with by the planning committee.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
- i) Payment of accounts:D Smith (Jan salary) – £308.67, Expenses (Jan), £16.50, J George ( toilet opening Jan) – £50, N Baker (toilet cleaning Jan) -£240, Complete Landscape Gardeners (street cleaning Dec/Jan ) – £460, Glasdon (Grit Bin)- £120.60, WaterPlus (toilets) – £133.02, Lumalite (Christmas Lights) – £1881, Glasdon (additional bins) – 304.44
- ii) Consider quote for Christmas Lights electrical infrastructure – already discussed
iii) Agree Budget & Precept – agreed to increase the precept by 3% for this year but to consider further increase dependant on costs for next year.
- NEW CORRESPONDENCE
- Email re flooding at Prossers track – already discussed
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Next meeting : discuss storage container
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 21st February.
Meeting closed at 8.40pm.