MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 21st FEBRUARY 2023
AT THE SCHOOL ROOM, FOREST CHURCH at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr R Bardo (in the Chair), M Garland, R Moore, M Jones, P Weaver, P Caton and C Blake. Also County Councillor T Hale and District Councillor J Fraser and 2 members of the public. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Print due to work
Cllr Meek sadly passed away since the last meeting.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 17 JANUARY 2023
It was proposed by Cllr Jones, seconded by Cllr Garland and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
The ongoing problem of parking outside the Co-op was again discussed and Cllr Hale will again consult with Highways and the store manager.
- REPORTS, including CHAIR
Cllr Garland reported that only loose salt is now available for collection from Highways to refill the grit bins. The list has been given to Cllr Hale of all the bins. There seems to be misinformation about the refilling but it appears it is the parish council’s responsibility. Cllr Blake has been trying to get the new bin at Hillside Road filled to try and avoid it being stolen as the previous one was. It was noted that bins must be in their designated area for Highways to fill initially. A resident had complained about the path to the Doctors/Memorial Hall and the Clerk will ask if the surgery would be willing to store some salt and grit their path.
Cllr Bardo will amend the message on the flashing signs and obtain the data to give to Cllr Hale. He reported that CANDI are planning on a tea party that the parish council will be invited to. They will also be performing at the Coronation event.
It was noted that the defibrillator at Woodside is locked and Cllr Bardo asked if could be open like the one on the Cross. Cllr Weaver will check.
Cllr Weaver reported that the hall at Woodside is in need of repair and they may ask the parish council for some financial assistance once quotes are received.
Cllr Moore asked for the tiles under the sign at The Squirrels to be removed by the contractors when the litter pick. He also asked about the phone kiosk being adopted by the parish council and the Clerk advised that the contract is being posted this week. He will look at the culvert/brook in Hawthorns /Puddlebrook and clear what debris he can.
Cllr Blake reported on the plans for the Coronation street party which will be held on Saturday 6th May. She also raised the issues of drainage and flooding problems at Mannings Farm which Cllr Hale is looking into. Cllr Fraser added that the Waterworks have been told not to discharge water which was contributing to the flooding problems. Finally she asked Cllr Hale about the resurfacing plans for Hillside Road as the potholes are very bad. He will look at this with Andrew from Highways.
Cllr Caton added concerns over the flooding and Cllr Fraser will pass these on to the planning committee.
Cllr Hale reported on the County Council budget which includes 2.9% rise in council tax. Cllr Blake asked about the police being in special measures and the issues over policing and funding were discussed. Cllr Hale was also reminded about the Drybrook sign for Nailbridge which has been ordered but he will chase up.
Cllr Fraser had dealt with complaints and concerns over flooding issues in the village. She also reported that the Robin bus service had omitted Drybrook, Woodside, Ruardean Hill and Ruardean from its route but this should hopefully be resolved soon. She also dealt with a complaint about a Forestry track where residents were requesting a bollard to protect their wall and gate. Forestry England have agreed to mount a no access sign. The problem of the footpath by the Sports Club at Ruardean Hill was again raised. Cllr Hale will see if he can provide some funding to have the path flattened to make it more usable. Cllr Jones asked what is happening with the old Dairy Farm as planning permission for 18 houses has now lapsed. Cllr Fraser will look into this.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – none
- ii) Disallowed – None
iii) New – dealt with by the planning committee and report was given.
Land off Highview at Ruardean Hill was a contentious application and a site meeting was held. Concerns were raised over access and the possibility of Forestry England “land locking” properties accessed by their paths.
Orchard End –there was contention over the right of way and concerns over parking and drainage.
Land adjacent to Whitehill Lane – 2 dwellings. There were concerns that this was outside the boundary settlement area.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
- i) Payment of accounts: D Smith (Feb salary) – £308.67, Expenses (Feb), £16.50, J George ( toilet opening Feb) – £50, N Baker (toilet cleaning Feb) -£240, Complete Landscape Gardeners (street cleaning Feb ) – £240, Glasdon (bin) – £103.49
- ii) Consider grant for Mireystock Tunnel – agreed in principle to make a donation but to request financial details of the request
iii) Discuss storage container – will discuss at next meeting
- iv) Agree Coronation expenditure – £3000 with £1000 contingency was agreed.
- NEW CORRESPONDENCE
9a. CO-OPT NEW MEMBERS
Application letters from Jackie and Dave were read out and it was agreed to co-opt them both on to the parish council.
- ACTION POINTS
Cllr Hale – sign
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Bus shelters – Cllr Bardo will look after the one at Mannings, Vicky Heaps will look after Morse Road and Ruardean Hill, Cllr Moore will look after the Memorial Hall and The Cross shelters.
The Clerk will provide the year’s financial breakdown at the April meeting following year end in March.
Cllrs Bardo , Print and Dave Middlemiss will meet with Lumalite to discuss the electrical system and Christmas lights.
The Clerk advised that Cllr Meek’s funeral will be on 2nd March at 1.30 – flowers and a card had been delivered to his widow. A donation will be made from the parish council. There was uncertainty over the date so Cllr Garland will check and confirm.
Cllr Bardo thanked Cllr Garland for organising the meeting room.
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 21st March.
Meeting closed at 9.05pm.