MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 18th JANUARY 2022
AT THE BAND ROOM, DRYBROOK ROAD at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr P Weaver (in the Chair), Cllrs M Jones, R Moore, C Blake and M Garland. Also present County Councillor Terry Hale, Cllr J Fraser and 2 members of the public. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Bardo who was away.
Cllr Meek who had COVID.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 23 NOVEMBER 2021
It was proposed by Cllr Blake, seconded by Cllr Jones and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
Cllr Moore was thanked for the ivy removal in the bus shelters. It was noted that the meeting regarding the future of the Doctors surgery had been postponed due to COVID.
- REPORTS, including CHAIR
It was agreed to increase payments for looking after the flashing signs to £60 twice yearly (Jan and July).
Cllr Moore will produce an expenses claim for cleaning products used in the bus shelters on a 3 monthly basis.
Cllr Moore has carried out more gutter repairs and ivy removal on some bus shelters. It was agreed to increase the grant paid for bus shelter cleaning to £120 from this year, payable in November.
The street cleaner position has not yet been filled and this was discussed and it was suggested combining the role with other jobs in the village, including the grass cutting to make the job more viable. The Clerk will check with the grass cutting contractors and re-advertise as a self employed role if necessary.
Cllr Bardo had suggested that Cllr Print look after the village noticeboard and post minutes in there after each meeting. Cllr Weaver will post them in the Woodside and Ruardean Hill noticeboard. The street cleaner role will also be posted.
Drybrook School PTFA have requested working with the parish council to organise Jubilee celebrations and Cllrs Print, Blake, Garland and Jones will work on this sub committee. They will co-ordinate with other village groups and grant funding.
A grant of £500 to The Shop on the Cross was agreed to assist with their re-opening as long as the constitution remains unchanged.
With the announcement of the MBE for Piers Gilliver, it was agreed that a new plaque should be ordered to include this and include the Olympic Rings.
Thanks were expressed to everyone who helped make the Christmas light switch on a success.
Cllr Fraser advised that she and Cllr Hale are still working on the Mannings Road site issues. She also advised of the new housing requirements and that parish councils will be contacted to see if they can recommend any sites in their areas. If housing targets are not met then there is a danger of losing greenfield sites. The problems of using brownfield sites were also discussed including the clearing of contaminated land.
Cllr Hale advised of the proposed budget, including £100mn for roads, £1150mn towards schools and an increase in provision at Hearst of the Forest School by 10 places.
Cllr Jones advised that there had been a court case regarding the land at the Hollow that had gone against the residents. Cllrs Hale and Fraser were unaware but will try and find out more.
Cllr Hale was still checking on the recycling area at Ruardean Hill which was still not being emptied regularly. Cllr Weaver advised him of a cracked pipe causing a drain blockage at Woodside.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
Concerns were raised over speeding along Drybrook Road and the use of the flashing signs and locations were discussed. Cllr Hale confirmed that data is being recorded and sent to the police. He has also organised some speed cameras to be used in the village with number plate recognition.
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – None
- ii) Disallowed – None
iii) New – P0868/21/OUT Land to adjoining 1 Hawkwell Row –approved on appeal -no objections as access has been changed
P1763/21/FUL Land at the Hollow – has been withdrawn
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
It was agreed to make the following payment
- i) D Smith (January salary) – £308.67, Postage & stationery & expenses (January), £19.50, Lumalite (Christmas Lights ) – £1881.00
- ii) Agree Budget & Precept
The budget was reviewed and it was proposed by Cllr Garland, seconded by Cllr Print and agreed to leave the precept unchanged for the coming year.
The Clerk was also asked to produce receipts for additional expenses.
- Accept Iain Selkirk as Internal Auditor- agreed
- Thanks from Woodside Hall for the donation
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
It was suggested that the parish council look at purchasing a soldier silhouette for next Remembrance Sunday and also purchase some new poppies for the posts in the village.
Cllr Print offered to look into sorting a parish council website and Instagram account. The Clerk will send him details of websites used by other parish councils.
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 15th February
Meeting closed at 8.55pm.