MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 15th FEBRUARY 2022
AT THE BAND ROOM, DRYBROOK ROAD at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr P Weaver (in the Chair), Cllrs M Jones, R Moore, C Blake, J Print and M Garland. Also present County Councillor Terry Hale, Cllr J Fraser and 3 members of the public. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Bardo for medical reasons.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 18 JANUARY 2022
It was proposed by Cllr Jones, seconded by Cllr Garland and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
Cllr Garland confirmed that the grant to the Shop on the Cross had been delivered with the proviso that it could only be used to assist in the re-opening of the shop and not for any religious purposes.
There has been no further information on the situation at The Hollow as the enforcement officer is still off sick
- REPORTS, including CHAIR
Cllr Weaver reported on the repairs at Woodside Hall carried out with grant money from the parish council.
Cllr Print reported on the recent Jubilee committee meeting with members of Drybrook School PTFA. The celebration has been planned for Saturday 4th June and will comprise of a street party and picnic on the school field. There are also plans to provide parish children with a commemorative mug each. The committee asked the parish council to provide a budget in the region of £10000. The committee will also be looking at other sources of grant funding. This will be confirmed at the next meeting as an agenda item.
Cllr Hale confirmed the budget as proposed previously. There was discussion over the bus shelter at Plump Hill which is in need of repair – Cllr Hale thought this was now part of Drybrook parish. Cllr Fraser confirmed Mitcheldean parish council have responsibility for this and are dealing. The grit bins were discussed and it was agreed to purchase a new one for Hillside Road as the one there is broken. The Clerk was asked to give written confirmation to the District Council to provide lighting in the car park.
Cllr Fraser reported on the council budget proposals including an increase in council tax by £5 and the increase in the green waste licence to £45. She also advised of the Section 106 money available and recommended that the parish council apply for funding.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
A member of the public asked about parish council involvement in planning issues and this was explained. Concerns were raised again over the development in Quabbs Road and this was discussed.
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – None
- ii) Disallowed – None
iii) New – dealt with by the planning committee. Cllr Print will list planning applications and comments and place in noticeboard.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
It was agreed to make the following payments:
- i) Payment of accounts: D Smith (February salary) – £308.67, Postage & stationery & expenses (February), £16.50, Lumalite (Christmas Lights ) – £1881.00, J George ( toilet opening) – £50, N Baker (toilet cleaning) -£240, Waterplus (toilets) –£55.62, M Williams (replacement cheque)- £100, R Moore ( electrician payment) – £10
- Request from Grass cutters to start cutting in February – agreed. It was also agreed for the grass cutters to take on the street cleaning contract and to liaise with Cllr Bardo.
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Cllr Moore will continue to try and find a plumber to sort the men’s toilet, if not, he will try and fix it himself. The sanitary bins which has been removed from the ladies toilets will also be returned.
For next meeting: Agree Jubilee Celebration budget of £10000, agree website and costs, Review standing orders.
Cllr Fraser will check on the lighting of the beacon for the Jubilee celebration.
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 15th March.
Meeting closed at 8.40pm.