MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 15th MARCH 2022
AT THE BAND ROOM, DRYBROOK ROAD at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr R Bardo (in the Chair), Cllrs M Jones, P Weaver, R Moore, C Blake, G Meek and M Garland. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Print who was on holiday.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 15 FEBRUARY 2022
It was proposed by Cllr Jones, seconded by Cllr Garland and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
The Clerk is awaiting a response on the availability of Section 106 funds for the parish council.
The blocked toilet has now been sorted – thanks to Cllr Moore
- REPORTS, including CHAIR
The Clerk has advised the District Council that the parish council are happy for additional car park lighting.
The grass cutting contractors have started the street cleaning and will liaise with Cllr Bardo as needed.
The new celebration plaque was given to Cllr Moore to install.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – None
- ii) Disallowed – None
iii) New – dealt with by the planning committee. Cllr Blake gave an update on the planning consultations dealt with this quarter, including the objection to the application in Quabbs Road due to privacy, parking, wildlife and flooding issues and the objection to a new dwelling in Larksfield Road due to restricted access.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
It was agreed to make the following payments:
- i) Payment of accounts: D Smith (March salary) – £308.67, Expenses (March), £16.50, J George ( toilet opening) – £50, N Baker (toilet cleaning) -£240, All about the Olive Wood (new plaque) – £45, GAPTC (subscription) – £836.08, Complete Landscape Gardeners (grass cutting ) – £410, Complete landscape Gardeners (street cleaning) – £240
- ii) Agree budget for Jubilee Celebration – proposed £10000 – a breakdown of expenses to date was provided and this amount was agreed with a reserve of £2000. The Clerk will arrange the transfer of funds and a cheque to be issued to Drybrook School PTFA.
- Christmas lights for 2022 – it was agreed to continue the contract for another year.
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Cllr Bardo suggested that the parish council look at the purchase of a marquee that can be used for various events and this will be discussed at the next meeting.
The area behind the recycling area was discussed and it was agreed it would be beneficial to clear the trees and install a concrete base- the Clerk will ask the grass contractors to have a look and provide a quote.
It was noted that the Beacon will be lit on 2nd June for the Jubilee celebrations.
Cllr Weaver advised that Woodside Hall need a new battery for the defibrillator – the parish council will pay for this once an invoice is received.
The request from the District Council for building plots to be identified in the parish was discussed.
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 19th April.
Meeting closed at 7.55pm.