MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 21st MARCH 2023
AT THE SCHOOL ROOM, FOREST CHURCH at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr R Bardo (in the Chair), M Garland, R Moore, M Jones, P Weaver, J Print (arrived later in the meeting), C Blake, P Caton, D Middlemiss and J Johnston. Also County Councillor T Hale and District Councillor J Fraser and 5 members of the public. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 21 FEBRUARY 2023
Surnames of new councillors to be added and clarifying the action points was requested. With these amendments it was proposed by Cllr Jones, seconded by Cllr Garland and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
4c. CONSIDER GRANT FOR MIREYSTOCK TUNNEL (this item was brought forward)
Representatives explained the current position and projected costs. After some discussion it was agreed to give an initial grant of £500, with a possible further £1000 once a business plan has been seen.
- REPORTS, including CHAIR
Cllr Bardo has had computer problems and has been unable to update the flashing sign but will be sorting this shortly. He will also be meeting Cllr Hale and Andrew from Highways to look at various issues around the village. He attended a meeting on Climate change and the parish council will need to look at the issues raised. The coronation plans are going well and there is another committee meeting tomorrow. The funeral of Graham Meek was well attended – he will be greatly missed on the parish council for all his hard work behind the scenes. Cllr Bardo also reported that he and Cllr Print were looking at alternative companies for the Christmas lights.
Cllr Blake met with Highways about the salt bins and the container in the car park is now full and has a new padlock. She and Cllrs Moore and Garland will have keys. She asked Cllr Hale to chase the filling of the new grit bin at Hillside Road.
Cllr Weaver reported that Woodside hall is still fundraising for the work that needs doing on the hall.
Cllr Johnston asked Cllr Hale about the possibility of new fencing at Brierley field and he will meet with her to look at this.
Cllr Caton has received complaints about the overflow parking in Mannings Road when there are events at the rugby club which make access for emergency vehicles difficult. She enquired about double yellow lines – Cllr Hale explained the costs of TROs are around £16000 so would need to be put with other requests. He will look at this.
Cllr Middlemiss advised that “no parking” signs will be put in the car park for the Coronation event and will also be looking at painting car parking spaces and an emergency yellow box at the top of the car park.
Cllr Moore reported he had removed the debris from the Squirrels sign area and had cleared a storm drain. He will look at the other storm drain by the Quarry although Cllr Hale stated this was blocked and would be jetted out. He was thanked for his efforts in helping with these issues.
Cllr Jones asked when the sign would be placed at Nailbridge – Cllr Hale advised it had been ordered and he would chase this up.
Cllr Fraser asked Cllr Hale about the bollard request for the resident who was concerned about her property being damaged and Cllr Hale advised this is being sorted. She also reported on the scrutiny of The Northern Quarter project which has been completed. The possible re-siting of Steam Mills school was discussed as councillors felt this was unnecessary. She also advised that the path from Ruardean Hill sports club which was raised at the last meeting will hopefully be flattened down soon.
Cllr Hale advised that there could be small ANPR type cameras attached to the flashing sign to register card details to pass to police.
Cllr Print gave an update on the coronation plans.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
Representatives from Drybrook Memorial Hall expressed that they were not happy to have been excluded from the plans for the Coronation event and also the Christmas light event. Cllr Garland said he did not receive notification of their meetings, as parish council representative, and had been unable to attend so was unable to update them. He was told that the meeting times are advised at the end of each Memorial Hall meeting. Cllr Print had previously tried to contact the hall members for the Jubilee event and apologised that he had not approached them this time. He stated that the committee would very much like the Memorial Hall to be involved and they will be invited to the next coronation committee meeting and will also be consulted about the Christmas lights event. The Hall members also asked about the date of the parish meeting and were informed that this is now incorporated into the normal monthly meeting where there is always opportunity for the public and residents to comment/ask questions.
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – none
- ii) Disallowed – Land at Oak Cottages, Pludds Road, Brierley
iii) New – dealt with by the planning committee and report was given by Cllr Blake.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
- i) Payment of accounts:D Smith (Feb salary) – £308.67, Expenses (March), £25.18, J George ( toilet opening Feb) – £50, Gerald Eve (Brierley bus shelter) – £6.00, Complete Landscape Gardeners (litter pick) – £230, Npower (toilets) – £38.37
- ii) Consider grant for Mireystock Tunnel – already agreed
iii) Discuss storage container – will look at costs and possible location. Cllr Middlemiss will also look at cost of hiring a storage unit in the village.
- NEW CORRESPONDENCE
Grant Request from Lydcare – it was agreed to make an annual donation of £500
- ACTION POINTS
Cllr Hale – to chase the Nailbridge sign, to meet with Cllrs Bardo and Johnston, to sort the flattening of the path at Ruardean Hill
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Drybrook Surgery – discuss the current situation at next meeting.
Look at option for speed control through Brierley.
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 25th April.
Meeting closed at 8.30pm.