MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 21st SEPTEMBER 2021
AT THE BAND ROOM, DRYBROOK ROAD at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr R Bardo (in the Chair), Cllrs G Meek, P Weaver, M Jones, R Moore, J Print and M Garland. Also present County Councillor Terry Hale, District Councillor J Fraser and 1 member of the public and prospective new councillor C Blake. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 22 JULY 2021
It was proposed by Cllr Jones, seconded by Cllr Meek and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
Cllr Garland advised the plough is available for snow. A notice will be placed in the noticeboard advising the contact number to obtain the code for the grit bin in the car park.
Cllr Moore reported he had carried out some repairs to the bus shelter on Harrow Hill.
Cllrs Jones and Weaver will look at the playground equipment brochure and arrange for a representative to visit the site to advise. Cllr Hale will look at getting the hedge at the play area trimmed.
Cllr Hale advised of the forthcoming Police and Crime Commissioner meeting – he will report back next month. He has been receiving complaints about the verges not being cut back and resulting scratches on cars. He has also still been monitoring the Mannings Farm development as there is limited enforcement available at the District Council at present. The removed post is due to be replaced. Cllr Hale asked for councillors to advise him of any Highways signs that need cleaning.
Cllr Jones raised concerns over visibility leaving Hillside Road on to Hawthorns and it was agreed to purchase a further mirror for the junction. Cllr Moore will look at the size needed and advise the Clerk.
Cllr Fraser had dealt with a complaint about Quabbs Road which had been dealt with by Highways. She also reported on the proposed plans for the new hospital on the playing fields at the bottom of Cinderford. She advised that 5 mineshafts had been located on the site leading to a revision in the plans which should be submitted by the end of the year along with a plan to relocate the skate park to the Miners field. Cllr Fraser also advised that the reported number of boar has been confirmed as around 900 by the Forestry Commission with the aim to reduce this to 400. There is also a public enquiry being run into the Northern Quarter development and the District Council are working on the new allocations plan which requires 7500 more houses for the area.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
Concerns were raised over fly tipping and overflowing recycling bins at Ruardean Hill. Various options were discussed and it was decided that the Clerk will contact the District Council to request more regular emptying and Cllr Hale will also talk to Biffa.
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – P1088/21/FUL The Firs, Highview Road, Ruardean Hill
- ii) Disallowed – None
iii) New –
P1402/21/OUT 1 Rock Villa, Hawthorns Road – outline application for 3 dwellings
Councillors had met to discuss this application and concerns over the access and building within the settlement boundary had already been submitted
P1517/21/FUL Windrush House, Baptist Way, Ruardean Hill – erection of detached dwelling
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
It was agreed to make the following payment
- i) Payment of accounts: D Smith (September salary) – £308.67, Postage & stationery & expenses (September), £17.00, Complete Landscape Gardeners (grass cutting) – £1042, Glasdon (grit bin) – £119.34, M Williams (rep chq) – £100, R Moore ( bus shelter repairs) -£20
- ii) DECIDE ON PLAY EQUIPMENT FOR PLAY AREA – already discussed
- PARISH COUNCILLOR APPLICATION
Following the application of Cathy Blake, it was agreed to co-opt Cathy and she was welcomed to the parish council.
The Clerk will look at training available for the new councillors
- Request to take on play area in Mitcheldean – not in our area and Cllr Fraser confirmed that Mitcheldean Parish Council were considering taking this on
- Request to celebrate Paralympic gold medallist – it was suggested that a plaque should be obtained for placement in the village – site to be agreed
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Christmas lights – it was agreed to hold the switch on on Saturday 4th December at 6.30pm. Cllr Bardo will sort music, Cllr Garland will talk to the Chip shop about vouchers for chips, the Clerk will talk to the Co-op about mince pies/mulled wine and Cllr Garland will ask if the Shop on the Cross could be opened for the evening. Posters will be produced and it will be advertised on Facebook.
Parking – parking outside the Co-op is still an issue and also speeding. Information from the speed cameras will be submitted to the Police.
The overgrown footpath at Harrow Hill was discussed.
The issues at the Hollow were discussed and the Clerk will initially contact Peter Williams at the District Council regarding the enforcement notice before looking at seeking legal advice.
Cllr Garland suggested the Shop on the Cross could be used as a parish council office if it doesn’t re-open as a shop. He will update councillors when he knows more.
No applications received for the street cleaner position – will re advertise
The toilets have not yet been re-opened due to illness. Cllr Garland will check on the situation.
There was concern that the bus shelters in the village are being used as a toilet – Cllr Weaver has some signs which can be placed in the shelters.
Cllr Weaver will provide quotes for the door at Woodside Hall to look at next month.
Cllr Hale was advised that the drains in Woodside, Brierley and Morse Road need clearing.
Cllr Jones will provide a copy of a resident’s letter regarding speeding for the next meeting.
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on 19th October at the Band Room
Meeting closed at 8.50pm.