MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING OF
DRYBROOK PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 19th JULY 2022
AT THE BAND ROOM, DRYBROOK ROAD at 7.00pm
PRESENT: Cllr R Bardo (in the Chair), P Weaver, R Moore, C Blake, G Meek and J Print. Also County Councillor T Hale and 3 members of the public. The minutes were taken by the Clerk Mrs D Smith.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Garland – holiday
Cllr Fraser – other meeting
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING 19 JUNE 2022
The CANDI donation was amended to £5000 and it was proposed by Cllr Meek, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record and they were duly signed by the Chair.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES, NOT ON THE AGENDA
The collapsed retaining wall in Bents Lane was discussed. Cllr Hale has been looking at this but it will probably be the new property owner’s responsibility to repair.
- REPORTS, including CHAIR
Cllr Bardo read out the thank you response from CANDI for their donation.
Cllr Moore asked for the new salt bin for Puddlebrook to be ordered and sent to him. He also advised there is hole in the roof of one of the bus shelters –he will ask Nigel Baker to repair. He also asked if the contractors could email when they have been litter collecting and removed the roof tiles in the High Street and report the areas covered. The Clerk will ask them. He was thanked for refurbishing the litter bin at the Nailbridge bus shelter. Finally he advised he has the post for the flashing sign to be put up outside Cllr Print’s house.
Cllr Print advised that the website should be live soon once the URL has been sorted.
Cllr Blake advised that the hedge problem in Hillside Road was still ongoing and Cllr Hale is dealing. It was agreed to invoice Guinness Homes for the hedging purchased by the parish council that has not been planted due to the issues.
Cllr Weaver reported on the meeting she attended regarding the Mireystock Tunnel project. It was agreed to add to the agenda for the next meeting for further discussion.
Cllr Hale reported that he is still dealing with the recycling area at Ruardean Hill and that the dumped waste had been removed. He will also deal with the missing road sign at Woodside and the ongoing drain issue in Morse Road. He also advised of grants that may be available for CANDI and Pan Tod.
- PUBLIC QUESTIONS
A resident asked if the defibrillator was registered and the location of other defibrillators in the parish– the Clerk advised it is registered with South West Ambulance Service and the Community Heartbeat scheme. She advised of another site where it could be registered and the Clerk will do this.
- PLANNING MATTERS
- i) Allowed – 3 applications
- ii) Disallowed – None
iii) New – dealt with by the planning committee.
It was noted that 17 residents had registered objections to the planning at Quabbs Road.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
It was agreed to make the following payments
- i) Payment of accounts: D Smith (July salary) – £308.67, Expenses (July/Aug), £33.00, J George ( toilet opening July/Aug) – £100, N Baker (toilet cleaning July/Aug) -£480, Complete Landscape Gardeners (grass cutting ) – £984, Complete Landscape Gardeners (street cleaning July/Aug ) – £460., Purchase of kiosk – £25, G Parker – £60 (looking after sign), M Garland – £60 (looking after sign)
- ii) Consider grant for Pan Tod ride on mower – Cllr Print proposed £2000 grant. This was seconded by Cllr Bardo and agreed.
- NEW CORRESPONDENCE
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
Cllr Hale will continue to pursue the Drybrook sign, car park light and overgrown hedges once nesting season is over. He will also ask the lengthsman to cut the weeds on the pavement in Morse Road and look at the parking problem causing visibility problems near Swish lane junction.
Possible closure of Cannop Ponds and Christmas light Switch on to be discussed at the next meeting.
- CONFIRM DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 20th September.
Meeting closed at 7.55pm.